Evansville tops Georgia Southern 75-58Dec 18, 2009 - 3:52 AM EVANSVILLE, Ind.(AP) -- James Haarsma had a career-high 26 points and 10 rebounds for a double-double as Evansville defeated Georgia Southern 75-58 Thursday night.
Colt Ryan added 22 points for the Purple Aces (5-3). He hit 8 of 11 from the field and 3 of 4 from 3-point range.
Colby Wohlleb came off the bench to score 12 points and lead Georgia Southern (3-9). He also had eight rebounds and made 4 of 7 3-pointers. Willie Powers added 11 points and seven assists for the Eagles while making 3 of 6 from 3-point range.
Ben Drayton added a 3 to give the Eagles eight baskets from behind the arc. But the success outside wasn't enough to compensate for 42 percent field-goal shooting.
The Aces hit 58 percent of their field goals and 21 of 32 from the free-throw line. Georgia Southern was 8 of 16 from the line.
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- No. 13 Wichita State silences Evansville Jan 17
- Purple Aces host 13th-ranked Shockers in MVC melee Jan 17
- Evansville tops No. 23 Northern Iowa Jan 1
- MVC action pits Panthers against Purple Aces Jan 1