Robinson, Long Beach State topple Utah State 75-62Dec 19, 2009 - 5:53 AM LONG BEACH, Calif.(AP) -- T.J. Robinson posted a double-double of 25 points and 11 rebounds Friday night to pace Long Beach State past Utah State 75-62.
Casper Ware contributed 19 points and seven assists for the 49ers (6-4). Larry Anderson added 13 points and current Big West player of the week Stephan Gilling 12.
Tai Wesley sank 10 of 12 shots and scored 22 points for the Aggies (6-4), but no teammate had more than nine.
Long Beach State was up 31-28 at intermission but went on an 11-2 run that stretched a 41-36 edge to 52-38. The 49ers' advantage crept to as many as 17.
Utah State won the rebounding and turnovers battles but was outshot 51.0 percent to 38.2.
The game was the first between the schools since Utah State left the Big West for the Western Athletic Conference in 2005. Utah State won nine of the 10 conference meetings.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13