Butler's 21 lead Marquette by North Florida 78-51Dec 19, 2009 - 9:24 PM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- Jimmy Butler scored 21 points and Joseph Fulce had a collegiate-high 13 points and 10 rebounds as Marquette rolled to a 78-51 victory over North Florida on Saturday.
Marquette (8-3) used a 16-2 run early in the second half to pull away, holding the Ospreys (1-7) scoreless for 5:02. Butler scored 10 points during the spurt.
Lazar Hayward added 13 points and seven rebounds for Marquette, which rebounded from a 72-63 loss to Wisconsin a week ago.
Andy Diaz led North Florida with 14 points and nine rebounds.
It was the sixth straight loss for the Ospreys, who are six games into a nine-game road trip that began Nov. 21. By the end of the trip, North Florida will have gone 41 days without playing a home game.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH FLORIDA 28 23 51
MARQUETTE 39 39 78 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: NORTH FLORIDA - ANDY DIAZ 14, STAN JANUSKA 10,
GERMAINE SPARKES 9
MARQUETTE - JIMMY BUTLER 21, JOSEPH FULCE 13, LAZAR
Dec 19 4:16 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 28
MARQUETTE 39 HALFTIME
Dec 19 3:02 PM
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Apr 21
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Apr 5
- Marquette's Ellenson day to day with sprained left ankle Mar 2
- Marquette, freshman star Henry Ellenson, wrap up at home Feb 29
- Led by freshman Ellenson, young Marquette seeks Feb. push Feb 10
- Snow sacks Marquette-St. John's basketball game Jan 23
- After road upset, young Marquette looks to improve at home Jan 8
- Wojciechowski gets 2-year extension at Marquette to 2022 Dec 29
- Fresh faces get in on Marquette-Wisconsin rivalry Dec 11
- Wojo readies Ellenson, touted Marquette freshmen for opener Nov 11
- Oh Henry: Ellenson highlights Marquette's big freshman class Nov 3
- Talented freshmen infused into preseason mix at Marquette Oct 12