Eastern Illinois beats Belmont 63-60Dec 20, 2009 - 3:46 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Tyler Laser scored 14 points to lead Eastern Illinois to a 63-60 win over Belmont on Saturday night.
Jeremy Granger added 13 points for the Panthers (6-4), who lost to Belmont 95-62 on Nov. 28. Ousmane Cisse chipped in with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
Trailing 34-26 early in the second half, Eastern Illinois went on an 8-0 run, and a layup from Granger tied the score at 34 with 13:45 remaining.
The game remained close for much of the second half, but a late 9-2 run by the Panthers gave them a 59-53 lead with 1 minute left.
The Bruins fought back, and had the ball with 3 seconds left and a chance to tie. But Keaton Belcher turned the ball over, and Belmont never got off a final shot.
The Bruins (7-4) were paced by Ian Clark, who scored 13 points. Jordan Campbell scored 12 and Mick Hedgepeth chipped in with 10.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 63
BELMONT 60 FINAL
Dec 19 10:10 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 20
BELMONT 28 HALFTIME
Dec 19 8:55 PM
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8
- Randle helps Kentucky fend off Belmont Dec 21
- Wildcats set sights on Bruins Dec 21
- Belmont shocks No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17
- Belmont battles No. 12 North Carolina Nov 17