Kent State beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 85-76Dec 21, 2009 - 2:59 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Rodriguez Sherman scored 16 points, leading five players in double figures as Kent State outlasted Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 85-76 on Sunday night.
Chris Singletary added 14 points, Mike McKee 13, Tyree Evans 11 and Anthony Simpson 10 for the Golden Flashes (6-4), who snapped their first two-game losing skid of the season.
With the game tied at 24-all, McKee nailed a 3-pointer that sparked a 14-2 Golden Flashes run and helped them to a 38-28 lead at halftime.
Kent State stayed comfortably ahead until Kevin Palmer hit a 3 with 1:40 left to pull the Islanders (4-5) within 76-71. But Kent State sank seven free throws in the game's final minute to seal it.
Kent State turned the ball over just seven times compared to 22 for the Islanders.
Palmer led the Islanders with 25 points, hitting five 3-pointers.
Singletary went 3-for-3 from long range for Kent State.
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- Kent State visits West Virginia in early morning clash Nov 15
- Akron wins MAC crown over Kent State in OT Mar 12
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21
- Jayhawks cruise to school-record 63rd consecutive home win Nov 23
- Geno Ford gets 2-year extension at Kent State Apr 2
- Big run leads Illinois past Kent State in NIT Mar 22
- Sherman's layup leads Kent State past Tulsa in NIT Mar 17
- Ernie Kent is out as Oregon basketball coach Mar 17