Wyoming defeats South Dakota 86-74Dec 21, 2009 - 2:46 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Afam Muojeke scored 19 points and Wyoming beat South Dakota 86-74 on Sunday night.
Djibril Thiam added 15 points, A.J. Davis 14 and Desmar Jackson 13 for the Cowboys (6-5), who shot 47.1 percent (33-of-70), blocked 10 shots and made a season high seven 3-pointers.
Steve Smith hit five 3-pointers and led the Coyotes (6-5) with 25 points. Tyler Cain had 12 and Roman Gentry 10.
With Wyoming up 59-50, Davis scored six straight points, and the Cowboys led by double digits the rest of the way. They pushed their lead to as much as 19.
Wyoming went into halftime up 40-33.
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- San Diego State tops No. 25 Wyoming Jan 15