St. Gregory's 62, TCU 89Dec 21, 2009 - 12:55 AM FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Edvinas Ruzgas scored a career-high 32 points on Sunday and TCU never trailed in defeating St. Gregory's 89-62.
Ruzgas was 7-for-9 from 3-point range and 11-for-13 overall for the Horned Frogs (6-5), who made 52 percent of their shots in the game.
TCU built a 27-6 lead about midway through the first half. St. Gregory's got with 30-17 but the Horned Frogs finished the half on a 13-3 run for a 43-20 halftime lead. They led by as many as 35 points in the second half.
Zvonko Buljan had 11 points and Garlon Green 10, and Nikola Cerina had eight points and nine rebounds for TCU. Ronnie Moss had a game-high 11 assists.
Fayzon Richey scored 20 points for St. Gregory's (5-4), an Oklahoma school that competes in NAIA.
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21
- Jayhawks host Horned Frogs in Big 12 brawl Feb 21
- TCU finishes strong, takes down No. 21 Oklahoma State Feb 14