New Mexico State routs Alcorn State 97-72Dec 22, 2009 - 4:21 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- New Mexico State guard Jahmar Young scored 22 points to become the 26th player in school history to reach 1,000 points in a 97-72 victory over Alcorn State on Monday night.
New Mexico State (5-6) shot 48.7 percent in the first half, scored the game's first 12 points and outscored the Braves 22-13 in the last 7:28 of the half. The Aggies led by as many as 19 in the half after scoring 16 points off 13 Braves turnovers for a 52-35 halftime lead.
Aggies guard Jonathan Gibson added 22 points, hitting four of the Aggies' 11 3-pointers. New Mexico State was 11-of-29 from beyond the arc.
Jonathan Boyd led the Braves (0-12) with 23 points.
Wendell McKines, the top rebounder in the Western Athletic Conference last season, scored eight points to go with eight rebounds and six assists after missing the Aggies' first 10 games due to academics.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15