Santa Clara tips Pacific 54-53Dec 22, 2009 - 5:44 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Marc Trasolini had a game-high 17 points and five rebounds Monday night to lead Santa Clara to a 54-53 victory over Pacific.
Trasolini was fouled underneath the basket with 12 seconds to play and made both free throws, giving Santa Clara (7-5) its only lead of the final five minutes.
Pacific (7-4) led 53-50 with 48 seconds remaining before Robert Smith drove for a layup that brought Santa Clara within a point with 33 seconds left. The Broncos then forced a turnover on the ensuing inbounds pass and worked down the clock before going to Trasolini inside.
Ben Dowdell came off the bench to score 12 points for Santa Clara, which avenged an 84-57 loss to Pacific last month in Stockton. Allen Huddleston led Pacific with a career-high 14 points. Joe Ford scored 12 points and Sam Willard had a career-high 15 rebounds for the Tigers.
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 54 FINAL
Dec 22 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
SANTA CLARA 26 HALFTIME
Dec 21 10:53 PM
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11