Jones scores 12 as Nebraska edges past Tulsa 74-70Dec 23, 2009 - 1:05 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Eshaunte Jones scored a team-high 12 points to lead Nebraska past Tulsa 74-70 in the third round of the Las Vegas Classic on Tuesday afternoon.
The Cornhuskers will play BYU in the championship game on Wednesday night.
Jones was 4 of 5 from 3-point range for Nebraska (9-2). Ryan Anderson added 11 points, seven rebounds and four steals. Teammate Jorge Brian Diaz added 11 points and seven rebounds as the Cornhuskers' Brandon Richardson went 6 of 6 from the free-throw line in the final 18 seconds to seal it.
Ben Uzoh scored a game-high 23 points for Tulsa (9-2), while Justin Huratt added 14. Donte Medder had 11 points and Jerome Jordan had 10 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Hurricane.
Tulsa plays Nevada in the consolation game.
- NCAA BB
NEBRASKA 74 FINAL
Dec 22 7:37 PM
- NCAA BB
NEBRASKA 31 HALFTIME
Dec 22 6:23 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Undersized, young Huskers will count on celebrated recruits Oct 27
- Nebraska at a glance Oct 27
- Nebraska's Petteway declares for NBA Draft Apr 16
- Trimble, Wells help No. 10 Maryland beat Nebraska Mar 8