Youngstown State gains 82-69 win over High PointDec 23, 2009 - 2:52 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio(AP) -- Sirlester Martin scored 20 points as Youngstown State defeated High Point 82-69 on Tuesday night.
Martin shot 10-for-14 from the field and added nine rebounds for the Penguins (5-6). It was the first home game for Youngstown State following a five-game road trip in which they went 1-4.
The Penguins led 32-31 at halftime, but they broke away from the Panthers (4-6) in the second half.
Two free throws from Ashen Ward with 8:42 remaining capped a 9-2 run and gave Youngstown State a 61-48 lead. High Point would get no closer than within nine points.
Cruz Daniels finished with 18 points and eight rebounds to lead High Point, which is on a four-game losing streak. Nick Barbour chipped in with 15 points.
Youngstown State shot 52.8 percent from the field (28-for-53) and scored 22 points off of 19 turnovers.
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- High Point 73, N.C.-Asheville 84 Mar 2
- UNC-Asheville beats High Point 84-73 in Big South Mar 2
- Wisconsin-Green Bay ousts Youngstown State 81-67 Mar 2
- Law paces High Point past Presbyterian 67-48 Feb 27
- Detroit defeats Youngstown State 62-54 Feb 27
- Wright State edges Youngstown State 76-73 Feb 25