St. Peter's 67, Stony Brook 46Dec 29, 2009 - 2:17 AM STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP) -- Nick Leon scored 16 points and tallied six steals to help St. Peter's defeat Stony Brook 67-46 on Monday night.
The Peacocks' leading scorer, Wesley Jenkins (13.7 points per game), finished with 17 points on 6-of-12 shooting.
St. Peter's (6-6) trailed 12-10 after a layup by Stony Brook's Preye Preboye with 12:02 left in the first half. The Peacocks then went on a 12-3 run and led 22-15 on Yvon Raymond's layup with 1:54 remaining until halftime.
St. Peter's led by as many as 27 points, 57-30, on two free throws by Ryan Bacon with 4:14 to play.
The Peacocks shot 46.8 percent from the field (22 of 47) and made 41.2 percent of their free throws (7 of 17).
Stony Brook (7-5) shot 32.7 percent from the field (18 of 55) and had 18 turnovers.
Bryan Dougher scored 18 points and Dallis Joyner grabbed 10 rebounds for the Seawolves.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15
- Stony Brook extends Pikiell Jun 27