Loyola of Chicago defeats St. Francis, Ill., 63-46Dec 29, 2009 - 3:48 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Walt Gibler scored 14 points Monday night to lead Loyola of Chicago to a 63-46 victory over St. Francis, Ill.
Geoff McCammon scored 12 points, Courtney Stanley 11 and Ben Averkamp 10 for the Ramblers (10-2). Andy Polka had 16 rebounds for Loyola, which held a 47-25 advantage in rebounds.
Billy Hubly was the only player in double figures for St. Francis (3-12) with 19 points. The Fighting Saints, who play in the NAIA, led 15-11 with 8 minutes left in the first half before Loyola went on a 19-3 run. Still, St. Francis scored the last seven points of the first half and trailed only by 30-25 at halftime.
Loyola didn't open up a double-figure lead until 9:20 remained in the game.
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11
- Shockers and Ramblers mix it up in MVC action Jan 11