Mississippi State routs MVSU 73-45Dec 29, 2009 - 4:07 AM STARKVILLE, Miss.(AP) -- Ravern Johnson scored 22 points to lead Mississippi State to a 73-45 victory over Mississippi Valley State on Monday night.
The Bulldogs (11-2) shot 39.3 percent from the field and hit 12 3-pointers. They are currently ranked second in the nation in 3-pointers made with 138 on the season.
The Bulldogs have won eight in a row.
Mississippi State turned the ball over only four times, a season low. The Delta Devils (1-12) turned the ball over 13 times and shot only 30.6 percent from the field (19-for-62).
The Bulldogs led 41-22 at the half and opened the second period on a 13-3 run.
Phil Turner scored 12 points and had eight rebounds for the Bulldogs. Barry Stewart added 11 points and Jarvis Varnado chipped in 10 points and seven blocks.
Shannon Behling paced the Delta Devils with 16 points and 14 rebounds. Jason Holmes chipped in 10 points.
- Mississippi St G Newman opts for NBA draft, won't hire agent Mar 22
- Weatherspoon leading Mississippi State's resurgence Feb 23
- Mississippi State still trying to turn corner under Howland Jan 15
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Mississippi State suspends F Demetrius Houston indefinitely Nov 17
- Mississippi St Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Mississippi State pins turnaround hopes on Newman, Howland Oct 29
- Howland named Mississippi State basketball coach Mar 23
- Mississippi State fires Ray after 3 seasons Mar 21
- UK routs Mississippi State to stay unbeaten Feb 25
- Top-ranked Wildcats continue run against Bulldogs Feb 25
- Arkansas holds on for 6th straight win Feb 21