UC Santa Barbara tops Furman 72-60Dec 29, 2009 - 6:09 AM BERKELEY, Calif.(AP) -- James Nunnally scored a career-high 24 points and Orlando Johnson added 20, including five in the final two minutes, to lead UC Santa Barbara to a 72-60 win over Furman in the first round of the Golden Bear Classic on Monday night.
The Gauchos (5-4), who were coming off a 69-42 loss at Arizona State, broke out of a monthlong offensive slump and led by as much as 15 while ending a four-game losing streak.
Jordan Miller had 19 points and Amu Saaka had 16 points and seven rebounds for Furman (5-6), which lost its fifth straight.
Santa Barbara plays California (7-4) for the tournament championship on Tuesday. Furman will face Utah Valley, which lost to Cal 85-51 Monday.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3
- San Diego State handles UC Santa Barbara Dec 7
- No. 17 Aztecs play host to Gauchos Dec 6
- Long Beach State downs UCSB for Big West title Mar 11