Fields leads Stanford past James Madison, 80-76Dec 30, 2009 - 5:10 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Landry Fields scored 24 points to help Stanford end a three-game losing streak with an 80-76 victory over James Madison on Tuesday night.
Jeremy Green added 15 points for the Cardinal (6-6), who have won five of seven home games. Andrew Zimmerman matched his career high with 14 points and Drew Shiller had 12.
Denzel Bowles had 22 points and 11 rebounds and Julius Wells scored a season-high 29 points for the Dukes (6-5), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
Fields scored 15 of his points in the first half, but Stanford trailed 36-34 at intermission.
Wells was 5 of 10 from 3-point range.
- NCAA BB
STANFORD 80 FINAL
Dec 29 11:59 PM
- NCAA BB
STANFORD 34 HALFTIME
Dec 29 10:49 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Pickens scores 20 in Stanford's 93-59 win over Buccaneers Nov 15
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Stanford G Robert Cartwright to miss season Nov 4