Kent State rolls past Wofford 73-66Dec 30, 2009 - 6:47 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Justin Greene scored a career-high 26 points and added 10 rebounds to guide the Kent State Golden Flashes to a 73-66 victory over the Wofford Terriers on Tuesday night in the semifinals of the Cable Car Classic.
Rodriquez Sherman and Tyree Evans each added 10 points as Kent State (8-4) extended its winning streak to a season-best three straight.
Meanwhile, the Terriers (7-7) snapped a three-game winning streak on their first trip ever to the state of California. Jamar Diggs tallied 18 points and Noah Dahlman provided an additional 17 for Wofford.
A close contest turned into a runaway game for Kent State, which overcame an eight-point deficit in the first half to outscore its opponents 40-35 in the second half. The Golden Flashes shot an overall 45.1 percent from the field against Wofford's 41.1 percent.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21