Holloway's 20 leads Xavier over LSU 89-65Dec 30, 2009 - 2:05 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Point guard Terrell Holloway scored 20 points while leading a fastbreak offense Tuesday night, and Xavier ran away to an 89-65 victory over LSU while dominating upfront.
Xavier (8-4) controlled the boards from the outset and finished with a 53-37 advantage in rebounds. Seven-foot sophomore Kenny Frease made his first career start and had a career-high 12 rebounds, nine in the first half.
Forward Jamel McLean had a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds for Xavier, which scored the most points allowed by the Tigers this season.
LSU (8-4) was looking to pay back the Musketeers, who snapped the Tigers' 17-game, homecourt winning streak last season. Instead, Xavier pushed its homecourt streak to 16 wins, the longest since the Cintas Center opened in 2000.
Bo Spencer led LSU with 20 points.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25