Hofstra holds off Florida Atlantic 67-63Dec 30, 2009 - 3:28 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Nathaniel Lester and Charles Jenkins scored 17 points each and Hofstra held off Florida Atlantic for a 67-63 victory on Tuesday night.
Chaz Williams added 12 points as Hofstra (8-5) built a 53-43 lead with 9:15 left in the game. The Owls (5-8), who have lost four consecutive games, came back, cutting the lead to 57-56 on Raymond Taylor's jumper with 4:37 left.
Florida Atlantic again cut the lead to one, 61-60 with 1:26 remaining, but the Pride sealed the victory with six free throws in the final 35 seconds.
Greg Washington had 13 rebounds for Hofstra.
Taylor, who is averaging 17.2 points a game, scored only 13, going 4-for-17 from the field.
Sanchez Hughley led the Owls with 14 points and Alex Tucker added 13 points. Brett Royster had 13 rebounds for Florida Atlantic, which was 7-for-25 from the field (28 percent) in the second half.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 63 FINAL
Dec 29 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 32 HALFTIME
Dec 29 7:59 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12
- Hofstra hires Mihalich Apr 10
- Hofstra fires Cassara Mar 22