Green scores 15 to lead Hokies past Longwood 85-50Dec 30, 2009 - 9:18 PM BLACKSBURG, Va.(AP) -- Freshman Erick Green scored 15 points and Jeff Allen added 13 to lead Virginia Tech to an 85-50 win over Longwood on Wednesday.
Green played a career-high 30 minutes in relief of Atlantic Coast Conference scoring leader Malcolm Delaney, who sprained his left ankle just over a minute into the game and did not return.
Virginia Tech (11-1) extended its winning streak to eight games, the Hokies' longest since they won nine in a row to open the 1995-96 season.
Virginia Tech opened the game on a 19-4 run, holding the Lancers (3-11) without a field goal for nearly nine minutes.
Dana Smith scored 11 points to lead Longwood.
- Virginia Tech grants sophomore guard Jalen Hudson release Apr 6
- No. 2 North Carolina's game at Virginia Tech moved to 3 p.m. Jan 23
- Virginia Tech Hokies deeper in Buzz Williams 2nd season Oct 26
- Virginia Tech Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Hokies leading scorer Smith to transfer Mar 26
- Brogdon, Virginia top Va Tech Feb 28
- Hokies and Cavaliers meet in Old Dominion State showdown Feb 28
- Duke survives Virginia Tech in OT Feb 26
- No. 4 Duke take on Virginia Tech in ACC tilt Feb 25
- No. 2 Virginia rallies past Virginia Tech Jan 25
- Rivals meet in ACC affair Jan 25
- Notre Dame crushes overmatched Virginia Tech Jan 23