Vanderbilt routs Manhattan 86-48Dec 31, 2009 - 3:37 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP)Freshman reserve John Jenkins scored 15 points to lead Vanderbilt to an 86-48 victory over Manhattan on Wednesday night.
Eleven players scored for the Commodores (9-3), the third straight game that Vanderbilt had at least 10 players score.
The Jaspers (6-6) were just 25.8 percent (17-for-66) from the field and mustered just 22 points in the first half. It was the third straight game in which the Commodores allowed less than 25 points in the first half.
Darryl Crawford had 12 points and eight rebounds for Manhattan.
Jaspers' freshman Kevin Laue, who has just one hand, scored his first career point on a free throw with three minutes left. The 6-foot-11 center, who is believed to be the only one-handed basketball player to receive a Division I scholarship, also grabbed a career-high eight rebounds in 17 minutes.
- New Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew announces his staff Apr 26
- Vanderbilt junior center Damian Jones entering NBA Draft Apr 14
- Bryce Drew wants to be 1st to take Vanderbilt to Final 4 Apr 6
- Vandy sophomore guard Wade Baldwin IV entering NBA draft Apr 5
- Vanderbilt using Fogler, not search firm to find new coach Mar 28
- Stallings gone, Vanderbilt to start search for new coach Mar 27
- After 17 seasons, Stallings' future at Vanderbilt in doubt Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- Manhattan gives Masiello 4-year extension Mar 3
- Vandy fined $100,000 for storming court after Kentucky game Feb 29
- Big swing: Stumbling Vanderbilt revives NCAA tourney hopes Feb 25
- No. 21 Vanderbilt blows 16-point lead, loses 72-67 to Dayton Dec 10