Alabama holds off Tennessee State 77-65Dec 31, 2009 - 4:23 AM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- JaMychal Green scored 19 points and had eight rebounds to lead Alabama to a 77-65 victory over Tennessee State on Wednesday night.
Senario Hillman added 15 points and six assists for the Crimson Tide (9-4), who have won three of their past four games.
Alabama led for most of the game, but didn't pull away from the Tigers (3-10) until a 12-3 run gave the Crimson Tide a 67-56 lead with 3:25 left in the game.
Green scored eight straight points, stretching the Crimson Tide's lead from 61-54 with 4:59 left to 69-58 with 2:52 remaining.
Tennessee State shot 47.8 percent from the 3-point line (11-for-23).
Mikhail Torrance scored 14 points to go along with six rebounds and Justin Knox had 10 points and four steals for Alabama.
Josh Sain, who was 5-for-8 from the 3-point line, led the Tigers with 18 points, Wil Peters scored 16 points and Robert Covington added 15.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29