NNM 68, N. Arizona 113Dec 31, 2009 - 3:58 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) -- Cameron Jones scored 28 points and Northern Arizona had six players score in double digits in a 113-68 win over NAIA Northern New Mexico on Wednesday night.
Jones scored 21 of his 28 in the first half for the Lumberjacks (6-7), who put up 62 points in the opening frame, just one shy of a school record set during the 1984-85 season against Adams State.
Leading 36-20, Northern Arizona then went on a 20-5 run to put the game even further out of reach.
DeAngelo Jones and Gabe Rogers each added 14 points in the victory and Shane Johannsen chipped in with 12.
Senior Nick Larson notched his first career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Luis Flores also had 11 points for the Lumberjacks.
Eddie Fields led Northern New Mexico (2-9) with 23 points and Billy Grayson added 20.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28
- No. 18 UNLV hammers Northern Arizona Nov 13
- Lumberjacks try to chop down Runnin' Rebels Nov 12
- Northern Arizona names Jack Murphy head coach Apr 12
- Northern Arizona head coach Adras resigns Dec 9