Loyola of Chicago edges past Wright State 53-52Jan 1, 2010 - 1:12 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Walt Gibler came off the bench and scored 15 points to lead Loyola of Chicago past Wright State 53-52 on Thursday.
Geoff McCammon added 14 points for the Ramblers (11-2, 2-1 Horizon), including all five of his free-throw attempts. Andy Polka grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds.
Vaughn Duggins led Wright State (9-5, 2-1) with 13 points, and Troy Tabler added 10.
The Raiders trailed 53-49 when Todd Brown hit a 3-pointer to make it a one-point game with 1:08 to play. Duggins stole the ball with 34 seconds to play and Wright State grabbed three offensive rebounds in the last 14 seconds, but the Raiders couldn't score. John David Gardner and Ronnie Thomas missed 3-pointers and Brown missed a layup.
Loyola of Chicago led by as much as 25-12 with 6 1/2 minutes left in the first half before Wright State's 11-3 run made it 28-23 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 52
LOYOLA CHI 53 FINAL
Dec 31 6:08 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 23
LOYOLA CHI 28 HALFTIME
Dec 31 4:53 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28