Maine stuns Boston College 52-51Jan 2, 2010 - 7:53 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Sean McNally scored 15 points and hit two free throws with 1:10 left as Maine stunned Boston College 52-51 on Saturday.
Gerald McLemore added 14 points for the Black Bears (7-5), who won four of their last five games. Their lone lost during the span came against No. 10 Connecticut by 17 points.
The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Eagles (9-5), who were upset at home for the third time this season. BC dropped games against Harvard and Rhode Island in December.
Rakim Sanders, who was held to nine points on 3-of-10 shooting for BC, missed a layup on a baseline drive with 2 seconds left.
Joe Trapani paced BC with 17 points.
After Maine's Troy Barnies missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 1.2 seconds left, Reggie Jackson missed a desperation 3-pointer before pounding the press table in frustration after the horn sounded.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MAINE 29 23 52
BOSTON COLLEGE 32 19 51 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: MAINE - SEAN MCNALLY 15, GERALD MCLEMORE 14, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 6
BOSTON COLLEGE - JOE TRAPANI 17, RAKIM SANDERS 9,
BIKO PARIS 8
Jan 2 1:54 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 32 HALFTIME
Jan 2 12:48 PM
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21
- Irish set sights on Eagles in ACC affair Feb 21
- Miami-Boston College game moved to Monday Feb 15
- North Carolina gets back on track by downing BC Feb 7
- Tar Heels take aim at Eagles in ACC affair Feb 7