Fairleigh Dickinson beats Sacred Heart 88-85Jan 3, 2010 - 3:07 AM HACKENSACK, N.J.(AP) -- Sean Baptiste scored 24 points and Mike Scott went 4-for-4 from the foul line with 22 seconds left, leading Fairleigh Dickinson to an 88-85 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday night.
Down 81-79 with just under 2 minutes to go after Sacred Heart's Ryan Litke hit a 3-pointer, DeShawn Dockery's 3 put the Fairleigh Dickinson ahead for the first time in the second half.
Alvin Mofunanya's jumper with 36 seconds left put the Knights (2-12, 1-1 Northeast Conference) up for good at 84-82, setting up Scott's free throws.
Terence Grier added 20 points for the Knights, who snapped a 10-game losing streak by winning for the first time since Nov. 21. Mofunanya finished with 19 points and Scott had 14.
Baptiste and Dockery sank three 3-pointers apiece for the Knights.
Chauncey Hardy scored 20 points for the Pioneers (8-5, 1-1), who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 85
FAIR DICKINSON 88 FINAL
Jan 2 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 36
FAIR DICKINSON 33 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:45 PM
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19