Roemer leads Colgate past Longwood 95-80Jan 2, 2010 - 10:58 PM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Senior guard Kyle Roemer scored a career-high 38 points and Colgate beat Longwood 95-80 on Saturday.
Ben Johnson added 23 points and Yaw Gyawu had 18 for the Raiders (2-10), who have won two of their past three games after starting the season 0-9. It was the most points scored by the Raiders against a Division I opponent since beating Long Island 99-87 in 2001.
Roemer made 14 of 21 field goal attempts to pace the Raiders, who shot 56.7 percent (34-for-60) from the field.
Colgate led 51-43 at halftime and went on a 9-0 run to lead 64-47 with 14:13 to play. The lead never dipped below nine points the rest of the way.
Longwood (3-12) lost its third straight game and have given up at least 85 points per game during the streak.
Dana Smith led the Lancers with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Billy Robinson Jr. and Antwan Carter each added 15 points.
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- No. 14 Creighton soars past Longwood Nov 21
- Longwood faces long odds in clash with No. 14 Creighton Nov 20
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19