North Texas 56, Arkansas St. 71Jan 3, 2010 - 4:04 AM JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) -- Brandon Reed scored 25 points to lead Arkansas State to a 71-56 victory over North Texas Saturday night.
Martavius Adams added 16 points for the Red Wolves (7-6, 2-1 Sun Belt), and Rashad Allison had 12.
Tristan Thompson scored 18 points to lead North Texas (9-5, 2-2). George Odufuwa added 10 points and a game-high nine rebounds.
Early North Texas turnovers helped the Red Wolves build a 12-2 lead in the first four minutes. Arkansas State did not relinquish the lead and took a 32-22 cushion into the break.
After a basket by Thompson made it 45-33, Arkansas exploded for a 13-5 run capped by a dunk by Adams on a fast break with 8:45 left.
North Texas never got any closer than 14-points the rest of the game. The Mean Green were held to a season-low 33-percent shooting. Their 56 points were also a season-low.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Moultrie, No. 24 MSU easily beat North Texas Nov 27
- 24th-ranked Bulldogs set sights on Mean Green Nov 27