Loyola (MD) defeats Rider 68-66Jan 2, 2010 - 8:42 PM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Brett Harvey scored 21 points to lead Loyola of Maryland to a 68-66 win over Rider on Saturday.
Harvey shot 6-for-11 from the field for the Greyhounds (8-5, 1-2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who are on a four-game win streak.
In the first half, Harvey scored seven straight points to spark a 14-0 run, giving Loyola a 37-17 lead with 5:34 remaining until halftime. The Greyhounds led 46-29 at the half.
In the second half, the Broncs (8-7, 1-2) put together a comeback run, scoring 15 unanswered points to take a 56-55 lead with 6:58 remaining. But Loyola answered with a 8-0 run, and took a 63-56 lead with 4:02 left.
Mike Ringgold's layup cut the Greyhounds' lead to 68-66 with 54 seconds remaining. After a missed 3-pointer from Loyola's Jamal Barney, Rider had a chance to tie, but Ryan Thompson missed a layup with six seconds left.
Ringgold led the Broncs with 21 points.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24