Binghamton defeats La Salle 66-61Jan 2, 2010 - 10:24 PM VESTAL, N.Y.(AP) -- Greer Wright scored 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Binghamton to a 66-61 victory over La Salle on Saturday.
Pina Guillaume added 19 points and nine rebounds for the Bearcats (5-10), while Chretien Lukusa finished with 15 points and six assists.
Holding onto a 61-59 lead late in the game, Lukusa nailed two free throws and Moussa Camara made 1 of 2 from the line to give Binghamton a 64-59 lead with 30 seconds left. Rodney Green answered with a layup for La Salle (7-6), but Camara made two more free throws, giving the Bearcats a 66-61 advantage with 22 seconds remaining.
La Salle tried to cut into the lead and stay in the game, but they missed three 3-pointers and a layup on their final possession.
Green scored 20 points to lead the Explorers, while Kimmani Barrett chipped in with 17. La Salle is now on a three-game losing streak.
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29
- Explorers seek upset of eighth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 28
- Jett's late basket lifts Saint Louis over La Salle Feb 9
- Explorers play host to 13th-ranked Billikens Feb 8
- La Salle basketball legend Gola passes away Jan 26
- Villanova thumps La Salle Dec 15