Rhode Island defeats Oklahoma State 63-59Jan 2, 2010 - 11:00 PM UNCASVILLE, Conn.(AP) -- Delroy James scored 14 points to lead Rhode Island to a 63-59 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.
James led three players in double-figures and added nine rebounds for the Rams (11-1), who have won seven games in a row. Keith Cothran scored 13 points and Stevie Mejia added 10.
The Cowboys (11-2) held a 54-53 lead with 3:10 remaining, but Mejia hit two free throws and James made a layup to give Rhode Island a 57-54 lead.
Oklahoma State was able to tie the score at 59, but the Rams scored the last four points of the game as the Cowboys shot 0-for-3 from the field in the final minute.
Obi Muonelo finished with 17 points, five rebounds and five assists to lead Oklahoma State. Marshall Moses added 11 points and 15 rebounds.
Rhode Island outrebounded the Cowboys 40-31, and won the game despite shooting only 37.5 percent from the field (21-for-56).
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 59
RHODE ISLAND 63 FINAL
Jan 2 4:03 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OKLAHOMA STATE 26 26
RHODE ISLAND 35 35 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
OKLAHOMA STATE - JAMES ANDERSON 7, MARSHALL MOSES 6,
KEITON PAGE 6
RHODE ISLAND - DELROY JAMES 10, KEITH COTHRAN 8, AKEEM
Jan 2 2:54 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20