UC Riverside beats Long Beach State 69-67 in OTJan 3, 2010 - 6:19 AM RIVERSIDE, Calif.(AP) -- Kyle Austin scored 20 points and Larry Gurganious added 18 to lead UC Riverside to a 69-67 overtime victory over Long Beach State Saturday night.
Austin and Gurganious grabbed seven rebounds each, and Bryson Hampton added 10 points for the Highlanders (7-6, 0-1 Big West).
Casper Ware and Greg Plater led Long Beach State (6-8, 0-1) with 17 points each. T.J. Robinson had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Turnovers made the difference as the 49ers committed 15 miscues that UC Riverside converted for 19 points. The Highlanders committed eight turnovers for eight Long Beach State points.
UC Riverside shot just 24 percent in the first half to trail 28-21 at halftime. The Highlanders improved their second-half shooting to 55.6 percent and closed the gap to 63-63 at the end of regulation.
The 49ers made just 1 of 6 from the field in overtime.
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 67
UC RIVERSIDE 69 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 3 12:22 AM
- NCAA BB
LONG BEACH ST 28
UC RIVERSIDE 21 HALFTIME
Jan 2 10:51 PM
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4