The Citadel 54, Savannah St. 47Jan 2, 2010 - 11:35 PM SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) -- Austin Dahn came off the bench to score 12 points and Citadel beat Savannah State 54-47 on Saturday to snap a a two-game losing streak.
Harrison DuPont and reserve Bryan Streeter added 11 points each for the Bulldogs (7-7), who improved to 7-0 against the Tigers. Citadel's bench outscored the Savannah State reserves 27-2. Cameron Wells, who had six points, had his streak of 16-straight games in double figures come to an end.
Citadel overcame a 16-13 deficit and ended the first half on a 13-2 run to lead 26-18. The Bulldogs went on a 11-3 run in the second half to grab their biggest lead at 47-32 with 5:16 to play.
Tracy Rankins made 7 of 14 field goal attempts to lead the Tigers with 17 points. Rashad Hassan had 13 points and eight rebounds.
The Tigers (5-9) lost their second straight and have dropped seven of their past eight games.
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 54
SAVANNAH ST 47 FINAL
Jan 2 5:54 PM
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 26
SAVANNAH ST 18 HALFTIME
Jan 2 4:51 PM
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Hurricanes have easy time with Savannah State Dec 9
- Hurricanes hope to rebound in bout with visiting Tigers Dec 8
- Louisville destroys overmatched Savannah State Nov 24
- Cardinals expect to soar in clash with visiting Tigers Nov 24
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Baylor keeps home streak alive, routs Savannah State Jan 3
- Hapless Tigers tangle with surging Bears Jan 3
- Florida thumps Savannah State Dec 29
- Hapless Tigers hit road to challenge 13th-ranked Gators Dec 29
- Thomas leads No. 7 Buckeyes to rout of Savannah State Dec 12