College of Charleston defeats S.C. State 88-73Jan 2, 2010 - 11:10 PM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 22 points and Casaan Breeden added 20 to help the College of Charleston defeat South Carolina State 88-73 on Saturday.
Breeden was 8 of 10 from the field as the Cougars (7-6) shot 52.2 percent in the game (36 of 69).
College of Charleston jumped out to 14-2 lead on Donavan Monroe's layup with 15:34 left in the first half and wasn't threatened the rest of the way.
The Cougars outrebounded South Carolina State 40-31 with Jeremy Simmons grabbing nine.
Tyvon Williams led four players in double figures, scoring 17 points for the Bulldogs (6-5), who lost their third straight.
Jason Flagler and Arsenio Williams added 12 apiece for South Carolina State and Darnell Porter chipped in 11.
The Bulldogs were 4 of 18 from 3-point range (22.2 percent).
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12