Central Methodist tops Central Arkansas 80-74Jan 2, 2010 - 10:59 PM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Matt Sherman scored 25 points and Nic Dykman added 19 Saturday as Central Methodist defeated Central Arkansas 80-74.
Central Methodist (9-4), an NAIA school, hit nine straight free throws in the final minute to secure the win. Sherman hit three free throws after being fouled on a 3-point attempt with 50 seconds left to give the Eagles a 74-70 lead, and later added two more with 23 seconds remaining to extend the lead to 78-72.
Central Methodist also went 11 for 20 on 3-point attempts.
Central Arkansas (5-8) rallied twice in the second half. A 6-0 run pulled the Bears within 58-56 with 6:47 remaining. After Central Methodist built the lead back up to 10 at 69-59, the Bears used an 8-0 run to come within 69-67 with 3:17 remaining.
Tadre Sheppard led Central Arkansas with 24 points. Mitch Rueter added 16.
- NCAA BB
CENT METHODIST 80
CENTRAL ARK 74 FINAL
Jan 2 4:57 PM
- NCAA BB
CENT METHODIST 33
CENTRAL ARK 33 HALFTIME
Jan 2 3:48 PM
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- Missouri crushes Central Arkansas Dec 18
- Williamson taking over at Cent. Arkansas Mar 12
- Central Arkansas beats McNeese State 76-72 Mar 6
- Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49 Mar 3
- SE Louisiana tops Central Arkansas in OT, 65-60 Feb 27
- Nicholls State knocks off Central Arkansas 68-51 Feb 24
- Texas-Arlington defeats Central Arkansas, 71-47 Feb 20