Monmouth (N.J.) beats Quinnipiac 72-60Jan 3, 2010 - 2:50 AM WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J.(AP) -- Ed Waite scored 17 points and Whitney Coleman added 16 to lead Monmouth of New Jersey to a 72-60 win over Quinnipiac on Saturday night.
Travis Taylor and Will Campbell each finished with 14 points for the Hawks (5-9, 1-1 Northeast Conference).
Trailing by three, Monmouth outscored the Bobcats 23-7 during a 9 minute span to take a 61-48 lead with 5:37 left to play. Waite and Coleman led the run, scoring six points apiece.
James Johnson and Dave Johnson each scored 14 points for Quinnipiac (6-6, 1-1), which finished with 23 turnovers compared to the Hawks' 15. James Feldeine, who had six turnovers, pitched in with 12 points. Jeremy Baker also had six turnovers.
- Monmouth basketball coach King Rice has new 5-year contract Feb 26
- Born with broken ankle, Monmouth guard beating doubters Feb 18
- GIF away, Monmouth! NCAA not stopping bench celebrations Dec 9
- Surprising Monmouth basketball winning and having fun Dec 3
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Syracuse destroys Monmouth Dec 8
- Hawks face tall task in clash with fourth-ranked Orange Dec 8
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- No. 20 Notre Dame dominates Monmouth Nov 12
- Monmouth seeks upset of Notre Dame Nov 12
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11