Navy holds off Elon 79-73Jan 3, 2010 - 2:43 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Chris Harris scored 22 points and Navy never trailed in the second half in a 79-73 victory over Elon on Saturday night.
Jordan Sugars added 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Midshipmen (6-8), who won despite shooting 38.5 percent from the field (10-for-26) in the second half and 41.7 percent overall (25-for-60).
Romeo Garcia's jumper gave Navy a 41-30 lead just 23 seconds into the second half.
The Midshipmen led 43-32 with 18:16 left, but Elon (3-10), which has lost four straight games, outscored Navy 15-4 to tie the score at 47 on TJ Douglas' 3-pointer with 12:52 remaining.
Greg Brown then sparked a Navy run, scoring 11 of the Midshipmen's next 12 points as they took a 59-50 advantage with 9:01 left.
Garcia scored 15 points and Brown finished with 11 points.
Chris Long scored 25 points, Devan Carter added 15 and Douglas had 14 for Elon.
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31
- Dinwiddie leads Colorado over Elon Dec 14
- No. 21 Colorado puts streak on the line against Elon Dec 13
- No. 1 Duke downs Elon to remain unbeaten Dec 20