North Florida defeats Kennesaw State 66-60Jan 3, 2010 - 3:18 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Junior guard Brad Haugabrook tallied 17 points, including two crucial free throws with 37 seconds remaining, as North Florida defeated Kennesaw State 66-60 on Saturday night.
The Ospreys (6-7, 1-2 Atlantic Sun Conference) have won five straight games for the first time since the 2002-03 season.
After the Owls (5-8, 1-2) cut North Florida's lead to 63-60 with 2:13 remaining, the Ospreys held the Owls scoreless the rest of the way. Haugabrook's two free throws increased the margin to 65-60.
Markeith Cummings scored 23 points to pace Kennesaw State, but the Owls couldn't overcome North Florida's huge advantage at the free throw line. The Ospreys got to the line 26 times, making 18, while Kennesaw State was just 4-for-7.
Matt Sauey had 14 points and 10 rebounds for North Florida, the first double-double for the Ospreys this season.
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 60
NORTH FLORIDA 66 FINAL
Jan 2 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 37
NORTH FLORIDA 38 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:48 PM
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19