IPFW defeats Western Illinois, 53-49Jan 3, 2010 - 2:32 AM FORT WAYNE, Ind.(AP) -- Deilvez Yearby had 18 points and eight rebounds to lead IPFW past Western Illinois 53-49 Saturday night.
IPFW (6-7, 1-2 Summit) overcame a 32.6 percent shooting night from the field by making 20 of its 23 free-throw attempts. Yearby was 6-for-6 from the line.
The only scoring in the last four minutes came on two free throws by IPFW's Antwone Snead with 1 second to play.
Oleg Kovalov had 11 points for the Mastodons, including 4-for-4 in free throws.
Ceola Clark had 13 points for the Leathernecks (5-8, 0-4) while Emeka Okafor Jr. had 12 points and six rebounds. Western Illinois made just 33.3 percent of its outside shots. Clark had all three of the Leathernecks' 3-pointers, going 3-for-7. The rest of the team was 0-for-12 from beyond the arc.
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- Notre Dame handles IUPU-Fort Wayne Dec 17
- Mastodons face uphill climb in clash with Fighting Irish Dec 17
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- No. 13 Xavier pounds IPFW Nov 15
- Mastodons visit Queen City to take on 13th-ranked Musketeers Nov 15