Utah holds off LSU 61-59Jan 3, 2010 - 3:48 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Carlon Brown hit a game-winning 3-pointer with 1:11 remaining, as Utah rallied from a 12-point second-half deficit to win 61-59 against LSU on Saturday night.
The Tigers led 39-33 at halftime and extended their advantage to 47-35 on a drive by Aaron Dotson with 13:49 remaining.
But Utah (7-7) surged to a 54-52 lead with a 19-5 run capped by a 3-pointer by Marshall Henderson at the 5:03 mark.
The lead would change hands four more times after that, with Brown hitting the game-winning shot on a 3-pointer from the right corner with just over 1 minute remaining.
Luka Drca led the Utes with 14 points and Brown added 12. Kim Tillie added 10 points and seven rebounds for Utah, which beat LSU by 30 in Salt Lake City, Utah, last season.
Storm Warren led the Tigers (8-5) with 21 points, while Tasmin Mitchell had 19 points and 12 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UTAH 33 28 61
LSU 39 20 59 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: UTAH - LUKA DRCA 14, CARLON BROWN 12,
KIM TILLIE 10
LSU - STORM WARREN 21, TASMIN MITCHELL 19,
AARON DOTSON 5
Jan 2 10:06 PM
- NCAA BB
LSU 39 HALFTIME
Jan 2 8:55 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16