Ambrose's 22 points lead Albany past Yale 89-68Jan 4, 2010 - 12:10 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Tim Ambrose scored 22 points and Billy Allen added 21 to lead Albany (N.Y.) to an 89-68 victory over Yale on Sunday.
Allen was 8-for-9 from the field, going 5-for-6 from the 3-point line, as the Great Danes (5-10) snapped a four-game losing streak. Albany shot 48 percent from the 3-point line (12-for-25) to send Yale (4-10) to its fourth straight loss.
It was the first home game since Nov. 22 for the Great Danes, who used a 21-4 run to erase an 11-point first-half deficit and then build a 39-33 halftime advantage.
Albany scored the first seven points of the second half to take a 46-33 lead on Fran Urli's jumper with 17:28 to play.
Logan Aronhalt added 13 points and Scotty McRae had 10 points for Albany, which outrebounded the Bulldogs 43-32.
Alex Zampier scored 19 points and Michael Sands, Reggie Willhite and Greg Mangano had 10 points each for Yale.
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14