Northern Iowa gets past Missouri State 84-76Jan 3, 2010 - 10:01 PM CEDAR FALLS, Iowa(AP) -- Jordan Eglseder scored 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as Northern Iowa defeated Missouri State 84-76 Sunday.
Adam Koch added 18 points and Ali Farokhmanesh 13 for the Panthers (12-1, 3-0 Missouri Valley), who have won 11 straight.
Jermaine Mallett led the Bears (12-2, 2-1) with 13 points while Adam Leonard and Will Creekmore each finished with 12.
Northern Iowa trailed 63-62 with 7:18 to play but then went on an 11-1 run, breaking open a game which featured 16 lead changes and 11 ties. Missouri State didn't get closer than six the rest of the way.
Neither team led by more than seven in the first half, and the score was tied 34-34 at intermission.
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7