Colgate defeats Central Connecticut 64-45Jan 5, 2010 - 3:51 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Kyle Roemer scored 23 points to lead Colgate in an easy 64-45 win over Central Connecticut on Monday night.
Roemer shot 10-for-16 from the field and added nine rebounds for the Raiders (3-10). Yaw Gyawu had 17 points for Colgate, which has won three of their last four after starting the season 0-9. Ben Jonson chipped in with 12 points.
Holding a seven-point lead in the second half, Colgate went on a 10-0 run. A jumper from Gyawu gave the Raiders a 46-29 lead with 8 minutes remaining. Central Connecticut would get no closer than within 11 the rest of the way.
The Blue Devils (4-8) were paced by Robby Ptacek, who scored 16 points on 6 of 15 shooting.
Both teams shot poorly in the first half, resulting in a 19-11 halftime lead for Colgate. But the Raiders improved in the second period, shooting 76 percent from the floor (19-for-25).
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31