James Madison defeats Delaware 71-65Jan 5, 2010 - 2:44 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Denzel Bowles scored 26 points to lead James Madison in a 71-65 victory over Delaware on Monday night.
Bowles also grabbed 10 rebounds for the Dukes (7-6, 1-2 Colonial Athletic Association), while Julius Wells scored 24 points on 10-of-20 shooting.
After holding a slim 32-28 advantage at halftime, James Madison used a 15-8 run over an 8 minute span in the second half to jump out to a 58-44 lead with 7:42 remaining. Delaware would get no closer than within five points the rest of the way.
The Blue Hens (5-9, 1-2) were paced by Jawan Carter, who finished with 18 points and a career-high 11 assists. Alphonso Dawson added 14 points and seven rebounds.
Delaware, which won the previous two contests against James Madison, now leads the all-time series 11-4.
James Madison turned the ball over 17 times, but outrebounded Delaware 37-28.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20