Howard beats Navy 72-65Jan 5, 2010 - 3:01 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Curtis White scored a career-high 21 points, leading four players in double figures, as Howard beat Navy 72-65 on Monday night.
Dadrian Collins finished with 15, Mike Phillips added 13 and Paul Kirkpatrick had 10 for the Bison (2-13). Calvin Thompson chipped in 11 rebounds for Howard, which snapped a five-game losing skid.
White finished with three 3-pointers and went 8-for-9 from the foul line for the Bison, who sank 23 of 32 free throws (71.9 percent).
Navy led by 11 points midway through the opening frame and took a 36-30 halftime lead. But the Bison fought back in the second half, outscoring the Midshipmen 42-29 to seal the comeback win.
The Bison outrebounded the Midshipmen 40-29, and outscored them 17-6 on second chance points.
Chris Harris scored 18 points to lead the Midshipmen (6-9), who have lost five of their last seven.
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30
- Kansas welcomes Howard to Lawrence Dec 29
- Indiana thumps Howard Dec 19
- Bison seek upset of undefeated Hoosiers Dec 19
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- No. 18 Georgetown downs Howard Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Bison face tall task in bout with 18th-ranked Hoyas Dec 10
- Terps point guard Howard out with foot injury Oct 27
- Purdue easily wins season opener Nov 14