Davidson rallies to beat Samford 66-56Jan 5, 2010 - 3:06 AM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- Brendan McKillop scored 20 points and Davidson rallied to defeat Samford 66-56 on Monday night.
The Wildcats (7-8, 2-1 Southern Conference) trailed 41-37 with 11:33 left but scored nine unanswered points to lead 46-41 on J.P. Kuhlman's 3-pointer with 7:18 remaining.
The Bulldogs (6-8, 1-2) shot 52.2 percent in the first half (12 of 23) and led 33-29 at halftime, but managed just 23.5 percent shooting in the second half (4 of 17).
The Wildcats led by as many as 13, 62-49, on two free throws by Will Archambault with 48 seconds left.
Archambault finished with 14 points and Ben Allison and Kuhlman chipped in 13 each for Davidson, which won its fourth straight.
The Wildcats scored 15 points off 11 Samford turnovers, scored 13 second-chance points and outrebounded the Bulldogs 32-25.
Bryan Friday scored 16 points for Samford and Josh Davis added 14.
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30