Jackson, Ubiles lead Siena past Loyola, Md. 76-56Jan 5, 2010 - 3:02 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Clarence Jackson scored 24 points and Edwin Ubiles added 22 to lead Siena to an easy 76-56 win over Loyola of Maryland on Monday night.
Jackson also finished with seven steals for the Saints (11-4, 4-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won five games in a row. Ronald Moore dished out 11 assists and had four steals with five turnovers.
Siena pulled away early from the Greyhounds (8-6, 1-3), taking a 33-17 lead late in the first half after Jackson's steal and three-point play. He went 8-for-18 from the floor and 6-for-8 from the free throw line.
Loyola, which shot 55.2 percent in the second half, still was unable to pull closer than 11 points as the Saints pushed their margin to 30 on Kyle Downey's three-point play with 7:09 to play.
Jamal Barney was the only Loyola player to score in double figures with 15 points and six assists.
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12