Jacksonville beats Kennesaw State 91-52Jan 5, 2010 - 4:17 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 21 points for his fifth straight game in double figures as Jacksonville routed Kennesaw State 91-52 on Monday night.
The Dolphins (4-8, 1-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) had their second-highest scoring night this season while holding the Owls (5-9, 1-3) to a season-low point total.
Jackonville, coming off a loss to Mercer on a controversial buzzer-beater, has won three of its last four games.
The Dolphins led 39-14 at halftime, and the 14 points allowed were the fewest in a half since Cliff Warren became coach in 2005.
Jacksonville outshot Kennesaw State 54.9 percent (39-for-71) to 28.3 percent (17-for-60). The Dolphins hit eight 3-pointers, with Smith going 4-for-4 on an 8-for-10 shooting night.
Jacksonville outrebounded the Owls 55-32. Glenn Powell had 13 boards, a Dolphins season high.
Markeith Cummings led the Owls with 13 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9