Louisiana Tech runs past Utah State 82-60Jan 5, 2010 - 4:12 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Magnum Rolle scored 21 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech in an 82-60 rout of Utah State on Monday night.
Jamel Guyton added 17 points and Kyle Gibson had 16 for the Bulldogs (14-2, 2-0 Western Athletic Conference), who have won seven in a row. Olu Ashaolu and David Jackson also chipped in 11 points apiece for Louisiana Tech.
Guyton hit three 3-pointers for the Bulldogs, who were 7-for-14 from long range (50 percent). The Aggies hit just 3 of 13 attempts from beyond the arc (23.1 percent).
Leading just 3-2 more than 5 minutes into the game, Louisiana Tech put together a 14-7 run in the next 5-minute span and never looked back. The Bulldogs led by 14 points at halftime and outscored the Aggies 48-40 in the second half.
Nate Bendall was the lone player in double figures for the Aggies (10-6, 0-2), scoring 14 points.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26