Calegari has career night as UC Davis wins 85-73Jan 5, 2010 - 5:23 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Dominic Calegari had 28 points an 11 rebounds, both career highs, to help UC Davis beat Cal State Northridge 85-73 on Monday night.
Ryan Silva had 17 points and Joe Harden added 12 points for the Aggies (6-8, 2-0 Big West).
Lenny Daniel had 21 points and 12 rebounds and Mark Hill had 18 points for the Matadors (4-9, 0-2), who have lost six straight.
The Aggies' largest lead came after a 3-pointer by Calegari which made the score 73-55 with less than five minutes to play.
After a four-minute scoring drought from both teams midway through the first half, the Aggies pulled away and built a 10-point lead on a 3 by Calegari with 5:55 remaining.
The Aggies led 31-26 at intermission behind Calegari's 12 points.
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 73
UC DAVIS 85 FINAL
Jan 5 12:07 AM
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 26
UC DAVIS 31 HALFTIME
Jan 4 10:51 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20
- UC Santa Barbara takes 76-62 win over UC Davis Mar 12
- Harden paces UC Davis by Cal State Fullerton 68-65 Mar 12